Friday, September 23, 2011

Seriously, it's been this long?

So apparently it's been over 4 years since I've updated my Linux blog. I am still very active using and supporting Linux. I find now days the only reason I dual boot back to Windows is to watch Netflix. I don't do much gaming anymore, and Guild Wars runs really well in WINE, there is no need to go to Windows much anymore.

I am active as a member, moderator, and part owner of the Google Linux Users Group, which is still going strong. I have Mandriva 2010.2 installed on my desktop and server, and Fedora 15 XFCE on the laptop. I tried running Arch on the laptop when I saw that the latest Mandriva versions were becoming slow on it. I had overall good luck, but I missed some of the install and forget comforts of my popular distros. I decided to try our Fedora with XFCE, and it works great, doing everything I need it to. 

I will keep an eye out for things I should be posting on here, and work on providing posts more frequently. 

No comments: