Monday, April 11, 2005

Introduction

Hello!

Welcome to my first Blog site. I've had the idea to start one for a while. The idea came when I would continuously search on how-to (insert project here) on my Linux box, sometimes things I've already fixed, and tried to fix again! Most the time, I just forgot one step, and it caused alot of headache and frustration. This blog will serve as a reminder for me, and a reference for all my Linux friends in the world.

As a basis for this blog, I submit for you, the stats on my computers:

Computer name - Scooter (Desktop):
- MSI Mach Speed K8M8MSr2 AMD Motherboard
- AMD Athlon64 1.8 GHz CPU
- 1 GB DDR266 RAM
- Best Force brand GeForce FX 5200 NVidia Graphics card with 128 MB RAM
- 80 GB Western Digital HD (Windows)
- 40 GB IBM DeskStar HD (Linux)
- DVD R/RW with Litescribe
- Memorex MX5200 keyboard
- Logitech MX400 Laser mouse
- Windows XP Pro SP1
- Mandriva 2007 Free

Computer name - Gonzo (Server):
- ASRock K7VT2 AMD Motherboard
- 1.5 Ghz CPU
- 512 MB DDR266 RAM
- 1.44 MB Floppy Drive (For what? I don't know)
- 52x CDROM Drive
- 30 GB Quantum Fireball HD (Linux)
- (2) 250 GB HDs in RAID 1 (file server storage)
- Mandriva 2005 Free

Computer name - Sweetums (Laptop):
- Dell Inspiron 1150 Laptop
- Intel Celeron 2.4 GhZ CPU
- 768 MB RAM
- 40 GB HD
- CD-RW/DVD ROM
- MSI MP54G4 802.11b/g mini-pci wireless card (works great in Linux)
- Mandriva 2007 Free

With all that being said, let the bloggin' begin!

And feel free to email me any time